AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must chime in my simple, short observations of this remarkable DVD player. I paid ~ $180.00 for it online, which makes it almost Fisher-Price level goods compared to the balance of my system.

It is fed into a Fujitsu 5002 50" plasma via component cables switched thru a B&K Reference 30 pre amp.

Granted, the currently languishing DVI interface on the plasma may hold promise of being better than the component interface, but I'd like to see any DVI device costing $180.00 come close to the performance of this unit.

Is there a Placebo effect when you know the player incorporates the Sage chip? There may be, but to my eyes this unit is just a stellar performer for the money and far outperforms my other DVD players (a venerable Sony 7000 and a Pioneer DV37).

The sheer resolution, the color richness, the lack of artifacts and the damn price make me very happy. As Prosumer.tv has noted on another thread, this is almost a no-brainer.

If you haven't checked it out, and are perhaps mulling the progressive scan units to test the waters - roll the dice.

It reminds me of the various heresies associated with cables but is far easier to conclude. Seeing is believing.

No, I have nothing to do with Panasonic, I just consume goods.

regards,

patrick

·
Registered
797 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that various price quotes on the RP56

of $180 on the web (via PriceScan.COM for instance) always

come with a whopping $22-$30 "shipping" fee?

Those same vendors often ship the RP91 for $10 shipping.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, the RP56 is about half the size

and half the weight of the RP91.

What gives? Has anyone found that $180 price (or near it)

where the shipping charges aren't "inflated"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.