AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think after calibration the RZ470 will be a good 1080p HT projector.

anyways its going to be a good alternative HT lamp-less, if someone eager to have one ( IMHO )

we are all waiting Kraine for this review - and i can read between the lines its not that disappointing but i doubt 3D

No doubt its going to be better then K750 or PRO9000

THANKS

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi yy484

First a funny thing, the projector is 3D ready with DLP-LINK and also Vesa-3D and it is possible to make the two work simultaneously! This is the first time I see this and the 3D is excellent!

·
Registered
819 Posts
biggest interests......

1. Native contrast/and black level performance in best mode/calibrated (and...will it calibrate to a decent and even 6500)

2. Lumen output in best mode

3. Rainbows!?!?!? (yes, they are still possible)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33  /t/1469444/panasonic-rz470-full-hd-dlp-laser-led-hybrid-official-owner-thread#post_23238031

Typical Panny. 755 lumens in best mode. Advertise 3k.

I'll pass on this one.

Yeah, those lumen numbers are profoundly disappointing.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k  /t/1469444/panasonic-rz470-full-hd-dlp-laser-led-hybrid-official-owner-thread#post_23238619

The native contrast is better than what I was expecting. Even without a DI, it should look pretty good with most bluray content.

So is this done by dynamically dimming the LED's? Isn't that kind of useless contrast unless the entire screen is black? Kind of like edge-lit LED TVs?

I wouldn't call that native contrast.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts

was not expecting that low lumen numbers. I'm not sure if the other person that said around 1500 lumens in the other thread was correct but, I don't think it was calibrated to D65 anyway. Kraine, I know you like the Sony 50es. How does the brightness of the Sony and this projector compare on the same screen? People have said the led/laser projectors appear brighter than the numbers suggest.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts