AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a $200 price difference. I love my 50vt20 that I purchased 3 weeks ago, but looking for a nice bedroom tv now for my parents.

The room is dark, with no way of having any reflections from the sun.

Comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
For a bedroom I wouldn't get a GT25 (3D)...maybe a G25. But I think the S2 would be more than sufficient for a bedroom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Either of the GT or G models are great TVs but a little much for a bedroom? I don't really like the S2 models this year. Very soft picture,not sharp at all. I actually thought the C2 has a sharper picture than the S2 despite being only a 720p. Check out a C2,they are cheap,look good and make a perfect "just watchin TV in the bedroom" unit.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBG
Either of the GT or G models are great TVs but a little much for a bedroom? I don't really like the S2 models this year. Very soft picture,not sharp at all. I actually thought the C2 has a sharper picture than the S2 despite being only a 720p. Check out a C2,they are cheap,look good and make a perfect "just watchin TV in the bedroom" unit.
The P65S2 has a very "sharp" picture. Not soft at all. You must have seen defective sets or sets fed with poor material.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbg
either of the gt or g models are great tvs but a little much for a bedroom? I don't really like the s2 models this year. Very soft picture,not sharp at all. I actually thought the c2 has a sharper picture than the s2 despite being only a 720p. Check out a c2,they are cheap,look good and make a perfect "just watchin tv in the bedroom" unit.
+1

·
Registered
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlift425
About a $200 price difference. I love my 50vt20 that I purchased 3 weeks ago, but looking for a nice bedroom tv now for my parents.

The room is dark, with no way of having any reflections from the sun.

Comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
No reflections = U series. Great value.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Whats wrong with a G25 in the bedroom?? It's the lowest Panasonic model that supports 24fps. That, and its just a flat out better TV than the S series. I have a 42G25 and my girlfriend has a 42S1, so I've seen both. I say go for the G/GT series.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.