AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a weird one that I can't figure out. My Panasonic DVD s29, when it displays any widescreen HD movie, on the component output, it distorts the image slightly.

Specifically, it narrows the image at the center of the screen, and widens the image at the left and right borders of the screen. It's subtle, but it is noticeable. So a person's face on screen that is panning from left to right will start out slightly fattened, then in the center the face will thin, and then will fatten again as the image passes to the edge again.

I can't find anything in the manual about this, or on the remote. What I think they have tried to do is to manipulate the image to create some Cinemascope widening effect. Well, I call it Annoy-a-scope because it's buggin the heck out of me.

Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
673 Posts
You're all messed up...you don't have an HD player, that's an SD player. Why you're remarking about HD, I don't know. But on to more important things, It sounds as if you have a non-anamorphic (4:3 letterbox) DVD that is being stretched to fill your widescreen display. There should be a setting in the DVD player setup for "TV type", make sure that you have setting correct. And if that doesn't fix it, look for "Zoom", "stretch" or anything like that.

http://qualityelectronics.stores.yah...vcofrdvdp.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts