AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... can anyone here give us information as to how the bass management works with DVD-A on this player? What is the crossover frequency and how is it implemented?

Also, how does the Jpeg/WMA/mp3 player's work?

Thanks in advance!!

David

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
According to the manual- the 55S does have bass managment. It doesn't say it only applies to DD and DTS, so maybe it will apply to DVD-Audio too. You can set the speaker distance and size. They state the cutoff from large to small is 120hz. I just spoke to a Crutchfield rep and he said it was a good question. They plan on testing that. If this player has bass management for dvd-a that will be a first at this price point. Maybe somebody is finally listening to the consumer.

Scott

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the manual sure doesn't state wheter the bass management applies to DVD-A. Guess will have to contact panasonic!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
It never said it was for DD and DTS only in any of the previous Panny DVD-A player manuals (RP-82, XP-50, CP-72) either, but none of the speaker size or level settings work with DVD-A on any of those players. I 'd be shocked if it did work on this one. I think it's a little too much to ask of a $130 player at this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.