AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have acquired a Panasonic TC-P42S60 from a neighbor that was about to just get rid of it. It looks to e in immaculate condition, and I currently have anoth older Panasonic that has been stellar... I love it! My neighbor told me that one day the TV simply would not turn on, and gives the 3 blinks error code. So I decided to check it out and do the troubleshooting.... it seems to be the A-Board is the culprit, and from what I have read the A-Boaerd is repairable.

My question is, are the A-Boards repairable on these units/ Or just look for one? (i have been searching everywhere to find a reasonable one, to no avail......)

I'd like to save this one from the trash heap, so any help would be appreciated....

· Registered
1,716 Posts
Hello,

I have acquired a Panasonic TC-P42S60 from a neighbor that was about to just get rid of it. It looks to e in immaculate condition, and I currently have anoth older Panasonic that has been stellar... I love it! My neighbor told me that one day the TV simply would not turn on, and gives the 3 blinks error code. So I decided to check it out and do the troubleshooting.... it seems to be the A-Board is the culprit, and from what I have read the A-Boaerd is repairable.

My question is, are the A-Boards repairable on these units/ Or just look for one? (i have been searching everywhere to find a reasonable one, to no avail......)

I'd like to save this one from the trash heap, so any help would be appreciated....

I have a Troubleshoting Guide for that tv. In it I found that the 3 blink code is for the PSS or SN boards and it could be others. I may be able to send it to you, 4meg PDF file. Here is a place that can rebuild boards for you... https://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/

· Registered
2,940 Posts
I was in a similar boat with my GT25 a few months back.
To repair the board through a local shop was $300, but I could buy the board for around $60-$100.

You'll have to find a link to firmware and re-install.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
18,331 Posts
I have acquired a Panasonic TC-P42S60 from a neighbor........

The 42" S60 was only produced for a month or two before being discontinued by Panasonic (due to very low sales numbers compared to the larger screen sizes) so there are probably no used boards to be found for this particular size. I'd go with repairing your bad board(s) instead. But this is the best 42" Panasonic ever made so it's worth saving if you want a good 42 incher.

There are good Board Repair sources in this post:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-...ad-no-street-price-talk-249.html#post56362988

Reactions: mailiang

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

Thank all of you very much for your replies, much appreciated!

I did manage to find a replacement board on eBay, and that one also had the same "3 Blinks" issue. I was a ble to find the technical service manual to diagnose the issue (thank you for the offer, WhipIt!) The eBay seller was great in that they refunded my money promptly, now I will look into just sending out the board to have it repaired. I know it will probably cost as much as a new TV at this point, but I have been told this model has a very impressive picture, (and I do like Plasmas), so I'll give it a go and keep you posted.

And again, Thanks!

· Registered
2,361 Posts
Thank all of you very much for your replies, much appreciated!

I did manage to find a replacement board on eBay, and that one also had the same "3 Blinks" issue. I was a ble to find the technical service manual to diagnose the issue (thank you for the offer, WhipIt!) The eBay seller was great in that they refunded my money promptly, now I will look into just sending out the board to have it repaired. I know it will probably cost as much as a new TV at this point, but I have been told this model has a very impressive picture, (and I do like Plasmas), so I'll give it a go and keep you posted.

And again, Thanks!
Have you searched for another S60 TV.. maybe it is cheaper to buy a second one on the used market.. That way you also have plenty of spare parts from those 2 sets..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.