AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I post this here too since there doesn't seem to be much action in the plasma forums:

Seems my 60" Panasonic S60 has developed an issue. There is a "clear" line that runs along the bottom of the screen, and along the line there are magenta and cyan pixels flashing. It does not matter which input it is on, and it also does it when I use the screen wipe tool. I took a picture to show the problem. Is this fixable?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be getting worse now, with more lines creeping their way across the screen. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
425 Posts
Sounds like its final death wail :( An S60 is relatively new, what a shame. On the bright side, at least it's not a ZT60.

That dot pitch is insane though, is that normal for lower-end Panasonic plasmas? I've never seen anything below an ST.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
For anyone who has a smilier issue, I believe I have found the issue after a lot of research. On the S60, they chose not to put any heatsinks on the IC's on the SD and SU boards. As such, they will eventually fail due to heat. In my case replacing the SD board (lower half of screen) should fix the issue. If you have this issue on the top half, you will need the SU board. Part numbers for the boards are TZRNP02UQUU (top) and TZRNP03UGUU (bottom). Interestingly, the SD and SU boards for the ST60 and up seem identical to the S60's, except as I said the S60 has no heatsinks on the IC's. I ordered the S60 board, but plan to attach heatsinks to the IC's to hopefully prevent future failure. I have attached pictures of the S60's board and the ST60-ZT60's board. Also I included a diagram that shows different issues. Mine appears to be a "noisy" board and not an entirely dead one. Hope this helps.

*WARNING*: Plasma televisions contain very high voltages. Risk of electric shock is always there when working on electronics, and can result in serious injury or even death. If you decide to replace any components you are doing so at your own risk.

@Kaldaien, the panels on the S60-ZT60 are very similar. The main difference is power handling and faster phosphors. The camera made the dot-pitch look like that, its no different than a ZT-60 in that regard.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts