AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some info on this reciever... I think it may be fairly new but im not sure. If anyone has tried this reciever could you please let me know if its any good... thanks

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Power ratings look iffy. Its rated 100 watts 40-20,000 hz into 6 ohms and I see some other funky stuff. Panasonic/Technics/Matsu$hita is generally good, but I am not sure about this receiver. kinda weird seeing a Panasonic receiver though. I know they're all the same company, but still, I'm used to seeing Technics.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've had one in the shop for a few weeks now and am duly impressed. Sound quality isn't as nice as the H/K's I also carry, but this is to be expected and it really isn't that bad, especially considering the price. The feature list is terrific (DD-EX 'compatible' processing, DTS-ES, Pro-Logic II with adjustable parameters, component video switching) and it seems to have plenty of power on tap.

CPC, the Technics name is now gone from consumer A/V gear. All new receivers carry the Panasonic brand name now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does look like a good buy for the money. I have a relatively small room (13x16) so I'm sure it could handle my power requirements. I especially like the DTS ES, Dolby II, and the level control on the sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.