AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic SA-HT17 home theater system hooked up to my Motorola 6412 Hd (Shaw cable) receiver via the optical out between the too. Rca mono audio connected from the Motorola 6412 to the mono TV audio. (TV sound all ways works.) On some HD channels I get no sound through the SA-HT17 surround sound.. when the TV program goes into commercials the sound comes on the surround sound! When the HD program comes back on after the commercials I get no sound again on the Panasonic SA-HT17. On some other HD channels I get no sound during the commercial but sound on the HD program. Other Hd channels I have no problem... I have tried connecting the Rca mono audio connected to the Panasonic SA-HT17 and the Motorola 6412 problem never changed... also when I have the TV sound on at the same time as the Panasonic SA-HT17 sound.. their is a time delay on one of the two sources... the two are not in sync and you hear an echo.. I have to turn one or the other off... I can't figure out what the problem is.... any help will be hugely appreciated!!!

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that is good to know that I'm not the only one having this problem with the same receiver... I don't know what it is..

I have narrowed it down a bit though.. I think its a format problem with the Panasonic receiver... I bought a Dolby digital DTS ultimate Demonstration DVD Demo 2 DVD set. "2 hours of the best home theater demo material out there" In playing all the demo videos... some of them I don't get any sound like with the HD channels.. The ones that don't work the 5.1 surround sound are in different formats.. ???? Or their could be a fault or flaw in this model with the dts decoder in the Panasonic sa-ht17 ????????

I hope some one here can shine more light on this...

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My no sound HD channels are 307, 301, 309 all other channels are fine... you would think its not the reciever and certain HD channels to blame... but after playing my surround sound demo dvd movie trailer video's.. many of them I get no sound!!! so that leads me to believe its a problem with the DTS or Dolby decorders in the Panasonic reciever and not the audio sources them self's.

· Registered
4 Posts
Thought I'd take advantage of this string,

I got a no sound in HD kind problem myself. Panasonic HT-920 theater-in-box. However ALL my HD channels are affected ALL the time? No prob. wit SD. Sat box is an Echostar VIP 622. Using Monster opticals into an Audio Authority switch box then to a Panasonic plasma. I been told, that if I,m getting good HD video, (and I am ) then it ain't the receiver whts the prob. Today, DN came out and delt with 6.40 drift in my dish. They removed my SuperDish and gimmie another 500 dish ( and called it an UPGRADE? hmmmmm) Anywho, da techy said he was positive SURE my sound prob ain't about THERE equipment. Says, likly a cable prob. yet I hesitate to pop for another $40 cable. Guess i better though unless one of you guys gots a better suggestion? There seems to be an error code window front panel of HT-920 but can't make heads or tails outa wht it's trying to say? Ain't covered in manual....so what else is new?

B-man

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan762 /forum/post/0

Thought I'd take advantage of this string,

I got a no sound in HD kind problem myself. Panasonic HT-920 theater-in-box. However ALL my HD channels are affected ALL the time? No prob. wit SD. Sat box is an Echostar VIP 622. Using Monster opticals into an Audio Authority switch box then to a Panasonic plasma. I been told, that if I,m getting good HD video, (and I am ) then it ain't the receiver whts the prob. Today, DN came out and delt with 6.40 drift in my dish. They removed my SuperDish and gimmie another 500 dish ( and called it an UPGRADE? hmmmmm) Anywho, da techy said he was positive SURE my sound prob ain't about THERE equipment. Says, likly a cable prob. yet I hesitate to pop for another $40 cable. Guess i better though unless one of you guys gots a better suggestion? There seems to be an error code window front panel of HT-920 but can't make heads or tails outa wht it's trying to say? Ain't covered in manual....so what else is new?

B-man

Thanks for the post, and your experience, by the sounds of it it has to be a flaw with the Panasonics HT recievers. Sigh....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.