AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I decided to unplug and re-seat the component video cables (to clean up the contacts). After I did that, I lost sound from my DVD player.

I was using a optical digital cable and it was working fine. So I unplugged it from the receiver, there is light coming out. I plugged it into the TV receptacle, and switch the receiver to TV mode, now I hear the DVD soundtrack. So the DVD player is still working, and it is putting out the signal, just the receiver isn't processing it.

I tried unplugging the optical cable altogether and used a patch cord instead (on the digital coax) and it still doesn't work. The receiver display just shows "DVD 6CH" and none of the mode lights (DIGITAL EX, DIGITAL, PL II, DTS-ES, DTS or NEO:6) light up.

I am dumb-founded. Could it be that I accidentally jostled the receiver enough that some marginal internal connection was damaged? I looked through the menu settings for the DVD and the receiver, it does not appear that I had changed anything accidentally (not easy to do anyway) so how is it that it won't recognize the digital signal anymore?

Any ideas?

madkiwi

·
Registered
164 Posts
Switch the AVR back to the digital input the dvd player is connected to. Press the DVD button again on the remote to get it off DVD 6CH as this is mainly for analogue connection for DVD-A / SACD or if you want to use the dvd player DAC. You can also press the input mode on the remote to switch it back to digital.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I simultaneously figured that out!

I do not know how it got set to "DVD 6CH", but as soon as I selected the other DVD setting it instantly started displaying "[Dolby symbol] PL II", and the audio started playing.

Weird, like I say I never touched the remote last night. I do not know how that was changed.

All copacetic now, I do love this little receiver, it sounds very good and it puts out a lot of power.

madkiwi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.