AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will this receiver "compliment" the Def Tech's? Should I be looking at another brand of receiver? I haven't received the speakers yet. I prefer a warm, laid-back sound - similar to what I hear in an actual movie theater. I asked in the Def Tech forum, but didn't get an answer. I won't be using a sub.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I used to own the BP-10B's. I drove them with a Denon 3801 and always felt that a seperate amp would have driven them much better. I would personally not try to drive them with the Panny.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Great receiver to start with(XR-57)

Big Diff. in the upgrade(RX-V663)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick88 /forum/post/14165155

I used to own the BP-10B's. I drove them with a Denon 3801 and always felt that a seperate amp would have driven them much better. I would personally not try to drive them with the Panny.

Budget won't allow separates. I could pick up a second hand receiver from a different brand if the xr57 is too bright, etc. for the BP10B's.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds /forum/post/14165327

Great receiver to start with(XR-57)

Big Diff. in the upgrade(RX-V663)

Are you using BP series Def Tech's? I've read that Yamaha was too bright for bright speakers, which is a word I've heard used to descibe BP series DT's.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.costanza /forum/post/14166194

Are you using BP series Def Tech's?

No

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds /forum/post/14166437

No

Umm....okay. I'm asking for comments from folks who know if the XR57 would work well with the Def Tech BP series, BP10B in particular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts