AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the above. I have a 60" Sony XBR1, if I connect a PS3 and or HD A1 directly to it the hdmi works. If I connect them to the monoprice 5x1 hdmi switch then to the tv they work fine. However, if I try and hook up the PS3 or HD A1 directly to the hdmi on the receiver then out to the tv I get the u 70-3 error. This is using either optical or the hdmi for sound.

I had the above about a month ago and was told by Panasonic to return it and get another. I did, same thing different day. I called Panasonic again today and the csr said it has to be my cables. (he was looking at forums online while he talked with me for a solution) I have tried 4 different lengths and types of hdmi cables, all get the same result. He told me to buy one of the high priced cables or a Panasonic cable to try. I give up. Am I expecting too much from a $300 receiver? Any ideas or hints would be appreciated as I have about 4 days to rma this. I might have to try the Onkyo 604.

thanks,,,,,

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
yep, back went two of the switchers as they sent another one out for me to try just in case the 1st was defective in some way.

I eventually just picked the AVR I thought had the highest quality HDMI switching. $900 smakers later, I am now enjoying my system again without frustration. Seemed a bargain compared to the frustrations I went through in all honesty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.