AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im helping a friend of my in getting a HDTV set.He doesnt want a 16:9 wide screen.So its a 4:3 aspect ratio for him being that he will be watching more VHS,Cable and he will get soon a DTC-100 to get more out of the set.

He will be buying from Best Buy...Yes, Best Buy.Reason,10% off for preferred customer, 18 month financing with no interest.

The set are all $1999.99

And they are:

Panasonic 51" PT-51HX41

Samsung 54" PCL5415RX

Toshiba 50" 50H71

So im asking in help in not which is better,but which set can he get most out of from the set above.I was going with the panny and telling my friend that the Panasonic might be the way to go.Having 3:2 pull down and a bulit in line doubler.How good are there line/doubler?

Will like to hear from people that have these set,and there input on the good and the bad..again the line/doubler on the panny,how good?

And how great in detail is it when watch with DTC-100....thanks....Maybe i can get him a dvd to throw out the old vcr..thanks again..

Any input in helping will be great...

------------------

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Well those are all good choices but the Toshiba has the best line doubler of them all, only the Pioneer Elite has a better line doubler than the Toshiba. The Toshibas also have the 3:2 pulldown. I wish your friend luck on what ever he decides.

------------------

Juan

·
Registered
393 Posts
I also agree with Juan, I would go with the Toshiba. The new sets are really nice, especially for the money. I am ordering a Toshiba pretty soon. I hope my input helps.

HDCblGuy

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well now....The Toshiba has a better line/doubler then the panny and here im think its the Panny over the Shiba.

Thanks for this information is..

Any one else out there with there input?

Oh,and then theres best of the line doubler,in the pioneer..not that i have one, but do love the pioneer elite 510 thats in a Sound & Advice near me,was at one piont going to buy it, till i heard the 520 will be here soon...

Thats 2 points for the Shiba...

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.