AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I broke down and ordered one of these. Will have a full report in a few days. Specs look good: progressive scan, DVD-Audio, DTS, CD-R/RW, extra power to center channel. Seems like the new RP82 with an amp and speakers. Paid $430 shipped from a seller on eBay. I still remember paying almost that much for my A320U just a couple years ago!

Matt

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...rule #1. Never buy anything from eBay. The jerk seller sent me a refurb SC-HT70. So I'm sending it back and have a real SC-HT95 coming from jandr on thursday. But other than the fact that it doesn't have DTS, DVD-Audio, Progressive Scan, MP3, or higher output, the SC-HT70 isn't all that bad. Good build-quality, same 5/6th generation interface as all the current Panasonics. Looking forward to getting the real SC-HT95.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the SC-HT95 and have been using it. I love some aspects of it, but hate others.

DVD quality is great! 5 DVDs waiting at 480p with 5.1 surround is great!

The usability is good, but some of the sound options are a bit cryptic.

The problem I have with it is that it has no digital inputs, just stereo.

No Surround Sound from my Playstation2. No surround sound from digital cable. Only surround sound from DVDs.

The best price is at JanR. Actually, your best bet is Circuit City, if there is one near you. They do price matching with JanR and you don't have to pay the shipping cost. Look at the reviews for the HT75, and add 5 disc changer and progressive scan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.