AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this unit take audio and video from the HDMI?

My setup has a few items that HDMI is one option for output and I need to know if the HDMI input on this HTIB processes audio from the HDMI connector.

thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparsons21 /forum/post/0

Does this unit take audio and video from the HDMI?

My setup has a few items that HDMI is one option for output and I need to know if the HDMI input on this HTIB processes audio from the HDMI connector.

thanks

From what I can tell from the manual (page 24), it appears so. On the "HDMI" menu screen there is an "Audio Input" option. On - when audio output is from the HDMI AV Out Terminal, or Off (when it's not).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Floyd.

I saw that from the manual that I downloaded. I was hoping for someone that had one and HDMI connections to tell me if it really works that way. I have an older Panasonic HTIB that does DVDs just great, but only has 2-channel inputs. Makes me a little frisky...

·
Registered
28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparsons21 /forum/post/0

Thanks, Floyd.

I saw that from the manual that I downloaded. I was hoping for someone that had one and HDMI connections to tell me if it really works that way. I have an older Panasonic HTIB that does DVDs just great, but only has 2-channel inputs. Makes me a little frisky...

Yes, I understand. Just make sure you can return it, nqa. I plan to try out the sc-pt1050 when it comes out in July and will only order it with a liberal return policy, just in case.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got off the phone with Panasonic, and I'm more confused than when I started.

Tech support says the HDMI 'downconverts' the HDMI input and outputs 480p. That just does not make sense at all. Why not just pass through??

As to the audio, after he mumbled around and talked optical (which this doesn't have) he then almost said that it would take the audio DTS or DD from the HDMI.

This is what has always ticked me off with Panasonic. Good stuff but just a bit different and weird in many ways. Like my current Panasonic HTIB. Plays DVDs great, full DD or DTS, but any other thing comes through and has to use ProLogic.

Irritating!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.