AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm researching 42" plasmas and went to Panasonics' site to see the TH-42PX25U/P. For a$6000 product there is precious little info !

Is there a secret handshake required to get information from them?

I can find no mention on the site regarding any audio capabilities of this set.

Does it have an internal audio amp?

Does it have accessory speakers?

What are the inputs / outputs?

Is the remote programmable, and a thousand other details that might be nice to know!

Contacting Panasonic for info is like getting an audition with the Pope.

I would think they could at least put up a manual on the 'net, but unfortunaltely they have done a terrible job making information available. Are they hiding something?

I'd like to see a manual on this unit. If someone has a link I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Chris

· Registered
482 Posts
I can answer a couple of your inquiries, but other forum members please correct me if I'm wrong. The set comes with attached speakers and has a single analog audio output. However due to the way it's set up, the audio output is variable and not fixed unless you turn the attached speakers off in the menu. I have the EDTV PA20 and I believe this panel is the same features wise while adding a cable card slot and HDMI input. Other members please correct any mistakes in this post?

· Registered
239 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the accurate and fast info. Now why can't Panasonic do that......

Anyway, I'm reading the manual and it appears that the only way to get an RGBHV signal into the display is through the front panel VGA connector. Is this right?

thanks again,

Chris

· Registered
239 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, so to have VGA, (or RGBHV) I will have to have a cable sticking out the front!!!!

It's cool to have an auxillary VGA out front, but to eliminate one on the back, on a hi-def set?????

What were they thinking?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.