AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to get the Panasonc TV 42g25 remote to work through the panasonic sc-htb500 sound bar when using the sh-wr10. The blaster was supposed to allow the use of the tv remote through the sound bar when the tv remote sensor is blocked. The sound bar works but I have to stand up to operate the tv remote. what is the solutiion?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieo /forum/post/19610393

I have not been able to get the Panasonc TV 42g25 remote to work through the panasonic sc-htb500 sound bar when using the sh-wr10. The blaster was supposed to allow the use of the tv remote through the sound bar when the tv remote sensor is blocked. The sound bar works but I have to stand up to operate the tv remote. what is the solutiion?

Unless I am missing something on the wr10, this is for the soundbar only, not the TV. This can be used if the remote sensor is blocked on the soundbar. Looking at the manual, the G25 series television does not have an input for the wr10.

The WR10 only works for the device it is connected to. If you have it connected to the TV, where?

You may want to look for something like the following from Amazon to control your TV if the remote sensor is blocked -> http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Acou...1933167&sr=8-2

Be wary of any of the remote extenders that look like cute little devices. Most of those do not work very well. I have used the one above in my own installation (housing DVR and Bu-Ray behind cabinet doors) as well as for others that I assisted with their setup. This one works flawlessly and can be easily expanded. Also cheaper than most of the cute looking ones. Very easy to set up. Typically less than 20 minutes even when hiding a lot of cables.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
ernieo - since you own this and I do not, I will take your word for that. Just looking at the unit from Panasonics site, it specifically says that it is to be used for controlling the soundbar, not television. If the soundbar sensor itself is visible, and the soundbar was capable of controlling the TV, the wr10 would be suprflous.

Having worked with lots of home and business installs, I have never seen an IR extended that would extend IR to any unit except the unit it was attached to.

However, I will bow to your knowledge since you have the unit and the manual in your possession.

Have you contacted Panasonic support? Perhaps they can offer a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a mini IR blaster with my soundbar in Dec 2010 and didn't know what the heck it was used for. I was thinking it came with the TV but there is no jack for it on the TV, so I was clueless until I read the manual for the soundbar. It doesn't look like the SH-WR10 but I knew it was an IR thingy and I plugged it in and voila, TV works like a charm with no high holding of the remote. My sweet home theater is now complete. Happy new year to me!

P.S. I unpacked TV and soundbar at same time and had this thing leftover at the end. I guess the IR blaster could have come with the TV (Panasonic P42G25 - awesome) but I don't think so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this IR blaster based on the recommendation here and couldn't get it to work with the Panasonic sound bar. I'd appreciate feedback from the poster, but since this is an old thread I figured I'd just throw in my 2 cents in case somebody else is thinking about doing the same thing as me. I'm kind of at a loss about what to do now since it appears the IR blaster from Panasonic itself is no longer available. Any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.