AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My showstopper will no longer connect to the server to download updated channel info. I have tried unplugging the unit for 30 minutes and trying to connect using 243 Zones. I also tried changing phone numbers and this didn't work. Can anyone think of anything else I can try?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryc7
My showstopper will no longer connect to the server to download updated channel info. I have tried unplugging the unit for 30 minutes and trying to connect using 243 Zones. I also tried changing phone numbers and this didn't work. Can anyone think of anything else I can try?
If you have standard analog phone service it should work. Wireless phone extensions can cause problems so it's best to connect the phone line directly to the Showstopper just to see what happens. Lowering the modem speed to 33.6 or lower should help considerably http://www.exreplaytv.com/modem/index.html

If none of this helps, try changing the zipcode in phone setup to a nearby town and continue through setup until the recorder dials in for new numbers. The setup server is usually the easiest to connect to. If it can not connect to that server, the showstopper modem is probably defective. I have replacement motherboards if need be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.