AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Panasonic Viera ST60 60" plasma. Lately, I've noticed a shading in what could be considered the "4:3" area of the screen. In other words, if I'm watching a hockey game, the ice is noticeably darker in the "4:3" area, while the ice is lighter in the area where black bars would be during a 4:3 broadcast. I've attached a couple pictures. Hopefully it's noticeable. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Wow. I didn't know that plasma screens still were prone to that. Should have done a bit more research, apparently. Thanks for helping me out!

They are usually not. Have you been watching a lot of 4:3 material relative to full screen material? That's what it looks like to me, but it should fade completely with some good time running the pixel flipper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are usually not. Have you been watching a lot of 4:3 material relative to full screen material? That's what it looks like to me, but it should fade completely with some good time running the pixel flipper.
My kids watch a lot of Nickelodeon, most of which is in 4:3, so it definitely could be the cause. I'm definitely going to use the pixel flipper. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts