AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Geometric distortion is a problem with most flat screens. Some are better than others (not by brands but when comparing the same models). Maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sky-

I've had the 34" 16:9 Tau for over two years now. And i'm always amazed

how much I love this set. I also own the Philips 34" 16:9 but I cant say that it approches the elegance and superb clarity of the Tau.

You will be more than pleased wiyh the Panny Wide Tau

·
Registered
114 Posts
Certain aspects of geometry in the CT-34WX50-52 can also be adjusted from the service menu including vertical and horizontal rastor (overscan) since on my set was a little too much and other things like pincushion , trapezoid etc. The mods. don't completely correct these (subtle) problems but are an improvement. All commercial direct views have some geometric distortion and it appears to be somewhat more of a problem with the flat wide screen sets. All in all, though I'm quite pleased with this set and it competes very favorably (image wise) with even the more pricey Sony and others.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know over the long pull this doesn't mean much, I have already some pretty good sets at home(HD toshiba 55, Inteq 27 and 36 direct, etc.)

Yesterday spent some time comparing the newer models, including changing store settings closer to accurate at home and the Panasonic's pictures on all the 32 and 36" including the Tau, snapped out at me with better blacks and over all detail. The other brands gave a good picture but I just couldn't get them to jump out at me.

The main reason I bought the Zenith inteq's when I did was this same factor, perhaps just my own eyes but enough differences to sway me towards the Panny's when I am ready to upgrade.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Skyline, I've got the same TV and I love it. I had to do a little weaking but now the picture is simply outstanding. I also prefer the size - my wife did not want a large tv in our family room (we also have an HT room) and this tv is perfect, not to large not to small. You will enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.