AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I recently purchased the Panasonic TC-26LX85 thanks to some awesome advice from this forum. The TV looks amazing...

I do however think that there might be a problem with the TV that I received. I was watching a few movies and noticed something weird. For instance on National Treasure 2 (the scene where Ben Gates breaks into his home with Riley Pool)... The scene goes from bright, to dark a few times. When the scene goes to dark it looks as if the back light automatically cuts down by a good 50%. It is very noticeable and kind of annoying.

Is there some setting in the TV that I can change to fix this? Is this normal for the TV? Or do I have a defective TV and need to exchange it out?

I am just really concerned because the place where I purchased this from only has a 5 day return policy.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Try MENU > PICTURE > AI Picture > Off

Since the only difference in the 26LX85 and 32LX85 is screen size, information on the 32 is helpful.

Per the CNET review of the 32LX85:

"Some dubious picture-adjusting features include Color Management and AI Picture, both of which should be shut off for optimum performance. AI is an auto-contrast feature that raises and lowers the light output of the panel depending on ambient room lighting. This ultimately makes black and white level a moving target, and both of these parameters really should remain constant. "

CNET suggested settings for the 32LX85:
http://reviews.cnet.com/9602-12576_7...&tag=mncol;txt

Page 22/23 of Owner's Manual:
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/TC26LX85.PDF

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and turned them both off. I tried the movie again and it is still doing the same thing. Darker scenes with low light levels look even darker than they should be. The back light is still automatically cutting up and down. I tried to take a video of it with my camera but it does not look like it picked it up to good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougeee /forum/post/15527064

Does it do the same with other videos?

Yes it does. I am guessing that maybe I just have a glitch on this TV. I think that I might go and exchange it tomorrow. If it still happens with the new one than oh well I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts