AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our bedroom, because of its layout, can only support a 26" TV (replacing a CRT). Wife wants to put in on a arm type mount (which are finally decently priced) so she can view the TV from the bed, her office across the hallway or into the bathroom (connected door). If you ask about a 32", the wall just will not support that width (it would then start going into a door way).

After spending better part of 3 or 4 hours and pouring over quite a few reviews I have narrowed it down to either Panasonic TC-26LX85 vs Sony 26M4000 (The samsung appears to have a bad vertical viewing angle). They both appear to be fairly good and I can get them both at the same price. My instinct will always push me towards Sony (they haven't screwed me "yet") but the reviews (even including the biased CR) rank the Panny pretty high. Any last thoughts? Would prefer to get this on order soon so I can cross something off my "honey do" list so another thing can be added. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepidati0n /forum/post/15475497

Our bedroom, because of its layout, can only support a 26" TV (replacing a CRT). Wife wants to put in on a arm type mount (which are finally decently priced) so she can view the TV from the bed, her office across the hallway or into the bathroom (connected door). If you ask about a 32", the wall just will not support that width (it would then start going into a door way).

After spending better part of 3 or 4 hours and pouring over quite a few reviews I have narrowed it down to either Panasonic TC-26LX85 vs Sony 26M4000 (The samsung appears to have a bad vertical viewing angle). They both appear to be fairly good and I can get them both at the same price. My instinct will always push me towards Sony (they haven't screwed me "yet") but the reviews (even including the biased CR) rank the Panny pretty high. Any last thoughts? Would prefer to get this on order soon so I can cross something off my "honey do" list so another thing can be added. Thanks in advance.

Go Sony 26M4000 for slightly better video quality 1440x900
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bravia-KDL-26M4000-26-Inch-720p/dp/tech-data/B0017Q4X2C/ref=de_a_smtd

Panasonic TC-26LX85 resolution size is only 1366 x 768
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-26LX85-26-Inch-720p-HDTV/dp/tech-data/B0014CX9YC/ref=de_a_smtd

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I have the Panny 32". I'm not in love with it (not a big fan of LCDs), but I think it's the best 26/32" 720p LCD available right now. If it matters, the Panasonic has excellent horizontal viewing angles (vertical seems to be pretty bad on everything). I think it also has better blacks than the Sony. The Panasonics do have red push; probably worse than Sony, but I'm not sure. The Panasonics are not geared towards PC monitor use, if that is a factor. Either of them should be reliable. Professional and customer reviews are both better for the Panasonic, from what I've seen, and I personally feel that it is the better TV.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks...pulled the trigger on the Panny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts