AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

While browsing at my local Costco today they had a 60" Panasonic TC-60PS34 on sale for $1100. I currently have a JVC HD61FH97 LCOS rear projection that I purchased in late 2006. Its a good set and still performs well with regular bulb changes.

Right now I don't have the disposable cash to go buy a 65" 3D set and related Blu ray player but I couldn't help but wonder if the picture quality of the Panny will be significantly better than my current set. I have no idea where the Panny falls in the quality/feature range but can't help but think for $1K I can't really go wrong.

Any ideas or opinions on this? I only have a few days to figure it out.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzmisl /forum/post/20872616

Hi All,

While browsing at my local Costco today they had a 60" Panasonic TC-60PS34 on sale for $1100. I currently have a JVC HD61FH97 LCOS rear projection that I purchased in late 2006. Its a good set and still performs well with regular bulb changes.

Right now I don't have the disposable cash to go buy a 65" 3D set and related Blu ray player but I couldn't help but wonder if the picture quality of the Panny will be significantly better than my current set. I have no idea where the Panny falls in the quality/feature range but can't help but think for $1K I can't really go wrong.

Any ideas or opinions on this? I only have a few days to figure it out.

I just replaced a 2006 JVC LCOS rear projection. Also a 61 inch. The model number was slightly different. I think I might have had a later model than you have, but I'm not sure.

In any event, I just replaced it with a 60 inch GT30, and the difference is pretty striking. The black level is significantly better than the JVC LCOS, the contrast is higher, the resolution is better, and the color is better. When I had the JVC, I was pretty happy with it, but I think the Panasonic plasmas are a significant improvement. I'm sure the Costco Panasonic plasma is a lower model than the GT30 I would say that the even the 60PS34 would be a noticeable improvement of the JVC. Plus, you'd have more than one HDMI input, and no more $200 bulbs to buy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI...I work for that retailer you mentioned above. We just dropped the price on the 60" panny another $100 bucks! The deal is good till 9/18 but they will not last long at this price. This is the best deal I've seem in a long time...GET ON IT ASAP!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.