AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

We've got 4 LCD HDTV's scattered around our house. All but one are getting a great signal from our Time Warner Cable. One TV however, a Panasonic TC-L32XT, will frequently have a momentary digital glitch... a portion of the screen (usually where the action or movement is occurring) gets digital blocks and the audio drops out for a couple seconds, then everything returns to normal. This behaviour recurs every few minutes. This glitch does not occur on Analog channels. So it occurs on 3-1, 5-1 and 9-1 but not 3, 5 or 9.

None of the other TV's suffer this fate.

I always figured it was just a low signal from Time Warner and that this particular TV was more sensitive to that. So I swapped out the TV that was having the problem with one of the other TV's. The problem did not occur with the other TV when connected to the same coax outlet.

So I guess I can assume that the cabling is fine.

So do you think this is something out of adjustment in the HDTV that could be easiy fixed? Or do you think it's something else?

Is there any additional information I can provide to help diagnose this issue?

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
It might be the tuner wants a stronger signal or it might want a weaker signal. You can install an attenuator to intentionally weaken the signal or a small line amp to boost the signal power.

Check to see if the set has a diagnostics screen that gives you some indication of signal power, signal quality, or SNR. That data may help with the diagnosis.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be the tuner wants a stronger signal or it might want a weaker signal. You can install an attenuator to intentionally weaken the signal or a small line amp to boost the signal power.

Check to see if the set has a diagnostics screen that gives you some indication of signal power, signal quality, or SNR. That data may help with the diagnosis.
There seems to be a Signal Meter in the Ant/Cable setup menu, but it is grayed out when Cable is the selected Ant in.

I wonder if there is a "hidden" diagnostics screen?

·
Super Moderator
18,726 Posts
Since this appears to be an issue with a specific television set, I've moved and retitled the thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There seems to be a Signal Meter in the Ant/Cable setup menu, but it is grayed out when Cable is the selected Ant in.

I wonder if there is a "hidden" diagnostics screen?
OK, I've discovered the Service Screen. It is accessed by doing the following:

1.) Hold down VOL DOWN button
2.) Press INFO button on remote 3 times.

But I have no idea what I'm looking for or what to possibly adjust to deal with the issue I've described. I'm going to try and take some screen shots and post them. Maybe someone can help...

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I've discovered the Service Screen. It is accessed by doing the following:

1.) Hold down VOL DOWN button
2.) Press INFO button on remote 3 times.

But I have no idea what I'm looking for or what to possibly adjust to deal with the issue I've described. I'm going to try and take some screen shots and post them. Maybe someone can help...
Found a similar model service manual
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/838744/Panasonic-Tc-L32c3.html?page=8#manual

Still don't know what I'm looking for exactly though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts