AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 10026 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
In! Fire that badboy up and get some pics. I want to know how this set compares to:

1) Panny TC-P50S1

2) Panny TH-50PZ85U/800U

3) Pioneer PDP-5020fd

·
Registered
182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/16003619

Professional review and calibration to come Wednesday. Shootoff with the New Samsung UN55B7100 also.

Oh my my that is exciting! Please tell if 600hz subfield up from 480hz made a difference. The viera site says only V series and higher have 24P, but still lists the G as having the 600hz.

Also, the 1080lines of moving resolution, tell us if you see a difference.

Thank you!

·
Banned
1,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawad /forum/post/16003656

Oh my my that is exciting! Please tell if 600hz subfield up from 480hz made a difference. The viera site says only V series and higher have 24P, but still lists the G as having the 600hz.

Also, the 1080lines of moving resolution, tell us if you see a difference.

Thank you!

Just to let you know, ALL new Panny Plasmas have the 600Hz Sub Field Drive feature, even the 720p models.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am so so so so close to ordering a TC-P50G10 right now and not even waiting for the review, I'm still torn between plasma or just going cheap with a huge Samsung 61" LED DLP, and I am bordering on ending my tedious and frustrating search process right now....arwehokfngdkjfnsofnweonfoenfwonfen

SO interested in this set right now, more so than the Kuros. Game mode w/ advanced pixel shifting and IR modes makes this more tempting than ever before.

·
Registered
796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebdawg16 /forum/post/16004170

I am so so so so close to ordering a TC-P50G10 right now and not even waiting for the review, I'm still torn between plasma or just going cheap with a huge Samsung 61" LED DLP, and I am bordering on ending my tedious and frustrating search process right now....arwehokfngdkjfnsofnweonfoenfwonfen

SO interested in this set right now, more so than the Kuros. Game mode w/ advanced pixel shifting and IR modes makes this more tempting than ever before.

I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting for impressions on this set for a few days. I have a Pro 111 elite on order at UE. It's suppose to hit the store on friday. If the 50G10 looks like a winner I might save a grand and go with it. Looking forward to the review and shootout.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm particularly interested in whether or not the 48hz flicker issue is resolved and how accurate the color and grayscale are (given the THX mode) since they are the two main reasons I'm eying the G10 over the S1.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Isn't 24p treated the same in both the S and G? I'm under the impression that they both double the frames to 48hz. Definitely interested to see if the flicker issue has been resolved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
panasonic claimed to have infinite blacks on these models. i wonder if its true. deciding betwween kuro elite pro- 111fd or this model?

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxshooter /forum/post/16005239

panasonic claimed to have infinite blacks on these models. i wonder if its true. deciding betwween kuro elite pro- 111fd or this model?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "Infinite Black Panel" feature just means that when there is no content being displayed on the screen, the set shuts off.
The Kuros will have better blacks than these Panasonics.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any idea when the 54" panel will be available?

·
Registered
373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandelae /forum/post/16004935

I'm particularly interested in whether or not the 48hz flicker issue is resolved and how accurate the color and grayscale are (given the THX mode) since they are the two main reasons I'm eying the G10 over the S1.

THX mode is the same reason why I am considering the G10 over the S1 as well. Even if I end up not using it for some reason, the price points are so close together that I know I will be kicking myself for not spending an extra c-note at the time of purchase.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxshooter /forum/post/16005239

Infinite blacks - marketing talk-

You need to wait for at least the G series but still will not equal Kuro blacks - should be close enough and you will have greater adjustments available that baseline Kuro.

I was going to buy a Kuro but there are to many issues that I read in the forum to go with other than an Elite. So I have decided to get a Panasonic either a 58" or 65"

1 - 20 of 10026 Posts