AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2 and half year old Panasonic TC-P42S1 crap the bed the other night. I was watching TV when all of the sudden a brief zap-like sound went off, and the TV shut down, follwed by the dreaded 10 blinks

Unplugging it from the power, letting it sit for a couple of minutes, followed by an attempt to power it back on, appears to make it turn on for a couple of seconds... one of the fans spins for roughly 3-4 seconds, and the damn thing shuts down, while blinking 10 times. I cracked it open, but couldn't spot any burning spots and/or smell, and none of the capacitors appears to have been blown up.

From my research online, it appears that one of the main boards is dead and will need to be replaced. I guess at this point I'm facing a repair, which would most likely cost me as much as half of what I paid for the damn thing, or just go out and buy a new one

I guess my question is for anyone who's familiar with this problem: is it even worth pursuing the repair route?...

I must also admit that the TV was connected to a simple power strip, instead of having it connected to a decent surge protector (though I'm not sure a surge caused the TV to blow up in the first place).

·
Registered
409 Posts
And then is why I always purchase an extended plan on flat panels...I've owned 4 and only paid for one set others replaced thru plans

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts