AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this TV a year and a month ago it will power up for maybe 5 seconds, before the pic comes on, then click and shut off leaving the red light at bottom blinking. I can manually press the power button to stop the blinking then press the power to turn it on again. I sometimes get it powered up the first try sometimes it takes 4 0r 5. I see nothing in the manual that addresses this issue. Anyone had similar problems or can help me?
 

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
Joined
·
45,643 Posts
Immediately see if you can still get warranty service. The blinking red light and other symptoms mean you have a service problem, probably a bad power supply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/21669790


Immediately see if you can still get warranty service. The blinking red light and other symptoms mean you have a service problem, probably a bad power supply.

I live on Kauai and bought from Sears. do I contact Pana or sears? Not sure if I registered the product or what warranty. Crap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,617 Posts
Ken is right although it may not be bad. The blinking red light means the TV has failed the power up routine. Generally it has something to do with the power supply not getting up to speed fast enough. My Panasonic has been doing this for a couple years. Luckly 95% of the time holding down the power button on the unit restores use, the other 5% a second time will work. You might want to check the LCD forum at AVS and search for Panasonic failing power up, you'll find many hits and I think even a dedicated thread on this issue.

My Sony LCD has even done this a couple of times but on it I need to pull the power cord to regain control, it's probably only done this 3 or 4 times though in the last couple years.

Since both my TVs are out of warranty I just live with the occasional inconvenience although it sounds like your problems are more frequent.
 

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
Joined
·
45,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidoug /forum/post/21669940


I live on Kauai and bought from Sears. do I contact Pana or sears?

Try Sears first, although they will probably refer you to Panasonic.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top