AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a Panasonic TC-P46C2 hooked up to a Pioneer digital receiver, I'd like to get the sound out of BOTH the TV and the AV receiver at the same time - How? Is this possible? I have all my devices, cable feed, DVR, DVD, AppleTV hooked up via HDMI to the Pioneer and the Pioneer is hooked up to HDMI 1 on the Panasonic. I just don't see a way to get sound from both.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisO  /t/1518890/panasonic-tc-p46c2-how-t...-and-avr-at-the-same-time/0_100#post_24383661

I have a Panasonic TC-P46C2 hooked up to a Pioneer digital receiver, I'd like to get the sound out of BOTH the TV and the AV receiver at the same time - How? Is this possible? I have all my devices, cable feed, DVR, DVD, AppleTV hooked up via HDMI to the Pioneer and the Pioneer is hooked up to HDMI 1 on the Panasonic. I just don't see a way to get sound from both.

I had my old TC-P46C2 hooked up to a Pioneer AVR as well. Why would you want both the TV and your audio system to produce sound at the same time? The speakers in the C2 are crap.
If you want the TV's speakers on, you need to go down to the audio menu, find the TV speakers option setting and select on.

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It has to do with the fact that the speakers for the Pioneer were installed in the ceilings (not good to begin with), then the TV was moved to another wall in the room, so the sound no longer appears to come from the "front" of the TV, hence we'd like to use/fill-in with the built-in speakers. I've tried the menu as you suggested, it does nothing. I'll have to reevaluate this all, seem like the TV is not getting audio feed over the HDMI cable, or something?

·
Registered
8,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisO  /t/1518890/panasonic-tc-p46c2-how-t...-and-avr-at-the-same-time/0_100#post_24391401

It has to do with the fact that the speakers for the Pioneer were installed in the ceilings (not good to begin with), then the TV was moved to another wall in the room, so the sound no longer appears to come from the "front" of the TV, hence we'd like to use/fill-in with the built-in speakers. I've tried the menu as you suggested, it does nothing. I'll have to reevaluate this all, seem like the TV is not getting audio feed over the HDMI cable, or something?

So your speakers are set to on? Did you try switching to the HDMI 2 input?

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts