AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 50 inch plasma developed a problem. About a 3 inch wide vertical bar has appeared.

So far, I have opened her up, checked the ribbon cables, and looked for signs of capacitor damage on the boards. All look clean, reset all ribbon cables.

When I pull the cable for that section, it goes white, with a lot of artifacts.

Cannot post images yet.

Opinions? I am thinking cboard? Any other tests to run? It is the right width, if I pull another ibbon, looks about the same, so I am thinking the artifacting could be retained image?

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
My 50 inch plasma developed a problem. About a 3 inch wide vertical bar has appeared.

So far, I have opened her up, checked the ribbon cables, and looked for signs of capacitor damage on the boards. All look clean, reset all ribbon cables.

When I pull the cable for that section, it goes white, with a lot of artifacts.

Cannot post images yet.

Opinions? I am thinking cboard? Any other tests to run? It is the right width, if I pull another ibbon, looks about the same, so I am thinking the artifacting could be retained image?
Sadly, this looks like the plasma panel in your TV (PDP module) has failed :(. This will not be economical to repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a chance, and spent 8 bucks on a C3 board. I can skip a couple coffees on a chance. If not, oh well. I have been hunting these boards and the latest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts