AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 devices going into my Panasonic TC-P50U1 (Xbox/Cable/PS3) via HDMI. I then wanted to use an optical OUT of the TV, into my Yamaha NS-AP2600 receiver. When I do this, I only get sound out of my front Left and Right speakers, no center, no rear. If I go straight through with optical, the surround sound works. Is there a setting on the TV that needs to be modified, or does my TV just not have the ability to receive audio via HDMI, and send it out complete and intact via optical?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Most receivers only send stereo through the optical output. If you want surround sound you will have to get if form the HDMI signal or from the digital audio out from your sources.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutschow /forum/post/16973179

Most receivers only send stereo through the optical output. If you want surround sound you will have to get if form the HDMI signal or from the digital audio out from your sources.

Like I said, my TV is getting the audio from the sources via HDMI, then I am sending an optical cable to the receiver FROM the TV, but only Left/Right sound is coming out of the receiver. If the sources go STRAIGHT to the receiver via optical, they send 5.1, so, the receiver can provide 5.1 via optical from the sources, but so far NOT from the TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts