AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Panasonic TC-P50VT25 Plasma HDTV to replace my broken Samsung UN46C8000 LED. I absolutely loved the Samsung but a flying toy destroyed the display only a few months after I bought it. I made the switch to Plasma largely based on reviews that I read here. It is rumored that the Panasonic plasma displays are "Wii-proof" so that seemed to fit the bill.

The one feature I really miss is the ability to shoot HD video files over my wired network to the Samsung via DLNA. I don't see any reason that this shouldn't work with such a high end Panny but it doesn't appear to be an official feature. Does anyone know of a way to play videos from my PC to the TV over the LAN?

·
Registered
12,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganElephant /forum/post/20120979

I just bought a Panasonic TC-P50VT25 Plasma HDTV to replace my broken Samsung UN46C8000 LED. I absolutely loved the Samsung but a flying toy destroyed the display only a few months after I bought it. I made the switch to Plasma largely based on reviews that I read here. It is rumored that the Panasonic plasma displays are "Wii-proof" so that seemed to fit the bill.

The one feature I really miss is the ability to shoot HD video files over my wired network to the Samsung via DLNA. I don't see any reason that this shouldn't work with such a high end Panny but it doesn't appear to be an official feature. Does anyone know of a way to play videos from my PC to the TV over the LAN?

As far as I know none of the Panasonics have this feature

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganElephant /forum/post/20120979

I made the switch to Plasma largely based on reviews that I read here. It is rumored that the Panasonic plasma displays are "Wii-proof" so that seemed to fit the bill.

Sorry I can't help with your DLNA problem. I have a P65VT25 and also would like this feature. I think a new Blu-ray player or a Boxee-Box type device may be the way to go.

I mainly wanted to warn you not to put too much faith in your "Wii-proof" screen because I don't think it is. Although the glass is shatter resistant, it's not bullet proof and even if a flying object didn't break it, a scratch in the anti-glare coating would be enough to ruin the viewing experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't intend to put the "wii-proof" screen to the test but with 3 kids under the age of 5, the marketing worked! Having lost the Samsung UN46C8000 a mere 2 months after I bought it, I'll take any screen reinforcement offered by the manufacturer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts