AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what I need to do to use the usb on this TV to play movies. This is what I would like to do. Use a portable hard drive and plug it into the usb port in TV to have all my movies on one hard drive and clean up the clutter with movies everywhere. I ripped one movie to a AVI format and TV couldn't find that file. So first of all is it even possible to do what I'm trying and if so what format do I need to rip DVDs to make this work?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Panasonic's media player is truly terrible, it barely supports anything at all. You get MPEG1/MPEG2 support and AVCHD support but Panasonic's support for both is poor so even if you author such files they may not work due to the quirks in Panasonic's implementation.

The best you could is rip DVD to hard drive then run it through VOB2MPG and hope that it plays.

Also the USB storage device would need to be formatted using exFAT or NTFS due to the large file size FAT32 wont work and I'm not sure Panasonic even support exFAT/NTFS.

You should consider saving yourself a large amount of time and get a WDTV Live instead which will play the DVD's without needing conversion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts