AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I foolishly didn't take photos of all my original Service Menu settings after I incorrectly inputted the changes so I am SOL right now with the picture. From what I can tell, red and black colors are not displaying properly, the entire picture is very blue-ish, darkish. My picture settings (not SM settings) are set to the values posted by D-Nice in this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1128487

Appreciate any help because right now I'm pretty pissed at myself....

· Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

If you are mucking with someone else's numbers ... why not go all the way?

regards

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's part of the problem, I didn't realize the values meant the # of times you click the Volume button down, I thought it was the actual values so the values are all scattered. Since I don't know the factory SM settings anymore, there's no way to tell what D-Nice's settings are suppose to be.

· Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Why not match the parameters to his numbers. He tells you what parameters to change.

RCUT ... make -15 ... so make it so.

then you can figure out what else is wrong after you put his numbers in.

There are no factory numbers. all TVs ship from the factory with different numbers. Each unit is individually tuned before it gets boxed at the factory.

You will likely also need a test disc to help troubleshoot this. Going into a service menu without even a test disc is punishable by caining.

Last step if you get there ... fess up and pay a repairman to fix your mess. This is not a warranty issue.

regards

· Registered
166 Posts
Very helpful guy.

Just what we need in this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV /forum/post/16852225

Greetings

Why not match the parameters to his numbers. He tells you what parameters to change.

RCUT ... make -15 ... so make it so.

then you can figure out what else is wrong after you put his numbers in.

There are no factory numbers. all TVs ship from the factory with different numbers. Each unit is individually tuned before it gets boxed at the factory.

You will likely also need a test disc to help troubleshoot this. Going into a service menu without even a test disc is punishable by caining.

Last step if you get there ... fess up and pay a repairman to fix your mess. This is not a warranty issue.

regards

· Banned
20,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by umass66 /forum/post/16852696

Very helpful guy.

Just what we need in this forum

Given how many warnings have been posted on this forum about NOT messing with service menus except at your own risk and only after writing down all the settings first, it's completely appropriate.

Don't like it? Tough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.