AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys. So the a board for this model is out of stock across the entire internet. The Panasonic (TXN/A1DVUUS) crosses to the other part number of TNPH0793 2A suffix AD. What I am finding, is the exact same board is used in other models from the same year, but there is no suffix. Is it possible to use one of the other boards, but change the suffix resistors? I suspect that (from a cost standpoint) that all boards were produced identical, and that the "suffix" resistors are to set as jumpers to alert the firmware which tv it is in.

Does anyone know if this is correct?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee2011 /forum/post/21969400

Is it possible to use one of the other boards, but change the suffix resistors? I suspect that (from a cost standpoint) that all boards were produced identical, and that the "suffix" resistors are to set as jumpers to alert the firmware which tv it is in.

This was discussed in an earlier thread , where the jumper was used only to indicate the installed firmware of the board. You may need to look at your model's service manual to determine if that is the case, but most likely the jumper is grounded with no other function.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the second question is, does anyone have any information on programming a board from scratch? Could this be accomplished with a simple eeprom/flash swap, or is it located in an mcu or other difficult chip?

Edit: In the tc-p54g10, that is exactly the case. But in that model, they are left floating on 2 test points. Kinda stupid from a cost perspective, but that is irrelevant. I am also noticing a jtag port built into these A boards... any reference material anywhere?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee2011 /forum/post/21973874

I am also noticing a jtag port built into these A boards... any reference material anywhere?

There appears to be no public domain documents on that port, other than here .

Apparently, firmware can be upgraded through an SD card, as shown here . Trick would be finding the firmware for your model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I guess I will have to get my JTAG programmer back from my friend to see if openOCD can determine what it is talking to. Ideally, I should be able to do a nand read and a nand write on the new board.

So would swapping a different suffix board work at all? (long enough to dump a firmware over SD?). Or am I going to have to read and write these boards offline over JTAG?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I managed to get a copy of the firmware file (SDDL.SEC). It can be obtained through their support page, but here is a direct link (v1.3)for anyone interested.

Is there a way to force an A board to take the update on boot, rather than going through the menus after boot? (as I suspect that I won't be able to see anything due to the A board being from a different model) The more I look into this, the more concerned I get... there appear to be multiple firmwares rolled into one when dealing with these (MCU, FPGA, etc)

And for the record, I understand if information cannot be posted public, but if you have some info to help me, please pm me. It will NOT be released if that is what you wish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I managed to get a copy of the firmware file (SDDL.SEC). It can be obtained through their support page, but here is a direct (v1.3)for anyone interested.

Is there a way to force an A board to take the update on boot, rather than going through the menus after boot? (as I suspect that I won't be able to see anything due to the A board being from a different model) The more I look into this, the more concerned I get... there appear to be multiple firmwares rolled into one when dealing with these (MCU, FPGA, etc)

And for the record, I understand if information cannot be posted public, but if you have some info to help me, please pm me. It will NOT be released if that is what you wish.
I was wondering if you had had any success re-flashing the TNPH0793 board for Panasonic TV. I realize this is a very old thread; however, yours is the only reference on the subject I could find.

Thank you very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts