AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum has been inundated with Panny black level issues, but for the most part I have seen more info. on the G and V series, but little on the S. It was also noted that the larger panels such as the 58" and 65" are less susceptable to sudden decrease in black levels, with a more gradual change over time. Any one?

·
Registered
231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodunnit /forum/post/18167389

This forum has been inundated with Panny black level issues, but for the most part I have seen more info. on the G and V series, but little on the S. It was also noted that the larger panels such as the 58" and 65" are less susceptable to sudden decrease in black levels, with a more gradual change over time. Any one?

No need to start a new thread! There'S one right HERE

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Admittedly, I haven't read every one of the almost 5000 posts on that particular thread, but it is tagged specifically for the V&G series of Panasonic plasmas. What of the larger S1 series?

·
Registered
231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodunnit /forum/post/18169377

Admittedly, I haven't read every one of the almost 5000 posts on that particular thread, but it is tagged specifically for the V&G series of Panasonic plasmas. What of the larger S1 series?

I have the 58" S1 with about 500 hours on it. As Batpig replied to you in the other thread the larger sizes hold up much better but there is no science behind that. That thread I referenced is actually for all 11g and 12g panny's which includes last years S1. It just so happens that the G and V owners are either more picky or there are less issues with the S series in general. There is no way of knowing however without Panasonic coming out and saying so. FWIW, I don't have the black level issue yet. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts