AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic TC32LX70 which is only 17 months old (five months out of warranty of course) which last Friday just shut off while watching it, and now only shows the power indicator blinking 9 times when turned on. I called Panasonic, and got either someone who had an IQ of 70 or who was stoned (I'm not exaggerating). He was obviously reading everything out of a book and made numerous mistakes when taking down my info, and then also gave me the wrong FAX number to send in my receipt. He also couldn't tell me what the error code meant. I've since found out that it could either be a short in the AP board (about $40, I'm told), or the A board (a whopping $450! plus labor of course). I have no idea if Panasonic will even remotely pay for any of this because it's out of warranty. What I'd like to know is if anyone else has had problems with this model.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before Panasonic will even entertain the notion of any kind of rembursment, they want a written estimate from one of their authorized repair vendors. Of course, the repair shop refuses to give a written estimate unless you pay close to $100. So, just to find out whether Panasonic will fix my very expensive TV that didn't even last 18 months, it will cost me $100. Pretty slick system.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ask if the house-call diagnosis fee is applied toward the total and written that way on the estimate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.