AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plasma newb here.

I bought this Panny tcp42u Three weeks ago based on the picture quality I saw in the store using Transformers Revenge of the fallen BD and the price fit my budget.

I have done the break in slides for 120 hours.

I have my settings set only at 50% for all catagories and I think like this it has a great picture. However I plan to tweak my settings to get best display I can if I keep it.

I would like to know if the issue with rising black levels apply to this model panel? I see all the posts in other threads basically confirming the higher end panels have this issue.

I don't want to be stuck with a panel that produces only gray instead of black down the road due to rising black level issue. If I am misunderstanding the rising black level issue by this statement kindly let me know what the symptoms are or would become.

My question is should i return it before my 30 days is up? Or is this model relatively safe from the issue?

Thanks

· Registered
4,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer6  /t/1226755/panasonic-tcp42u1#post_18130210

Plasma newb here.

I bought this Panny tcp42u Three weeks ago based on the picture quality I saw in the store using Transformers Revenge of the fallen BD and the price fit my budget.

I have done the break in slides for 120 hours.

I have my settings set only at 50% for all catagories and I think like this it has a great picture. However I plan to tweak my settings to get best display I can if I keep it.

I would like to know if the issue with rising black levels apply to this model panel? I see all the posts in other threads basically confirming the higher end panels have this issue.

I don't want to be stuck with a panel that produces only gray instead of black down the road due to rising black level issue. If I am misunderstanding the rising black level issue by this statement kindly let me know what the symptoms are or would become.

My question is should i return it before my 30 days is up? Or is this model relatively safe from the issue?

Thanks

I've had this set for about 3 years, and I haven't noticed any rising black levels. The only grey i see is, the overall back glow of the screen when there is either no picture, or video that's letterboxed, or pillarboxed. and it only shows up slightly grey in a very dark room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.