AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. Hoping for some advice here before I make my purchase, as I know alot of people here are pretty knowledgeable on HD. To make this as simple as possible, I would love to get the Kuro Elite, but the price is just too high. I need either 54 or 58. Im just trying to figure out which specific model will have the best picture, specifically for blu-ray and hd gaming. My understanding is the V10 is the top of the line panasonic? I just want to know if its worth getting above the G10 and the other model I listed. The price of the V10 I can deal with, just want to know if its worth it instead of the other 2. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I would only consider the V10 and G10. The newer models are better than the older ones.

My understanding is the V10 handles 24p source material better. I have a G15 (basically the same as the G10) and I watch 24p source and it looks great to me. The V10 has a single pane of glass instead of 2 on the G10. I don't think this matters much. I do notice on my G15 when there's text on the screen and I watch at an extreme angle, there are two layers of text. One behind the other. I've never noticed this at a normal viewing angle. The V10 also has more settings than the G10. Other than that, they're the same. To me, it wasn't worth paying $500 more for the V10. Maybe for $100 it would have been worth it.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pork917 /forum/post/16946011

Hey Guys. Hoping for some advice here before I make my purchase, as I know alot of people here are pretty knowledgeable on HD. To make this as simple as possible, I would love to get the Kuro Elite, but the price is just too high. I need either 54 or 58. Im just trying to figure out which specific model will have the best picture, specifically for blu-ray and hd gaming. My understanding is the V10 is the top of the line panasonic? I just want to know if its worth getting above the G10 and the other model I listed. The price of the V10 I can deal with, just want to know if its worth it instead of the other 2. Thanks!!!

Wow this has been discussed a lot already in various Panasonic threads, but the bottom line is (A.) that the V10 is better than the G10 for Blu-Ray watching, and (B.) both the V10 and G10 outperform the PZ800U in every picture category (colors, black levels, brightness, processing, etc).

Just get the V10 - it's about as close as you'll get to the Pioneer among the TVs on your list.

And BTW - the 54" Z1 is the top-of-the-line Panasonic, the V10 is the next step down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts