AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I just placed an order for the 37" Panny via Dell and was wondering what size I can expect the box to be? I don't have a huge vehicle and the unit is being delivered to my work so that I can sign for it. I need to know if I should borrow an SUV to get it home, or will a sedan with fold down rear seats do the job?

Thanks very much,

Craig

· Registered
891 Posts
This is what is known as DIM Weight.

Box Size is 41X18X30 Weight in box with packaging approx 114LBS.

Hope it helps.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
I believe the dimensions and weight above include the pallet to which the plasmas are usually strapped. Without the pallet, my box measures about 41x12x26.5" and weighs around 85 lbs. My unit is last year's model, but I doubt they have changed much.

BTW, if the package is too big for the vehicle, no reason you can't unpack it at the office, in which case it will most likely fit. Main precaution is to avoid laying the unit flat which puts strains on the glass. For that reason, it might be better to try to set the plasma upright in the back seat or on the floor rather than fit it into the trunk via the foldown seatback. Weight of the plasma by itself is 55 lbs.

Finally, I ordered my unit from Dell and it was delivered by Eagle Freight, which is a very obliging company. It might be possible to arrange with them for the driver to stop by your place of work and have you accompany him to your home, or to specify an exact time for him to meet you there. If there is any extra charge for this, it would probably be nominal and could save considerable back strain as even a small plasma like this can be awkward to handle.

Also, here in Tucson Eagle schedules early evening deliveries (5-7 p.m., IIRC) which might be another possibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.