AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have hooked up my HTPC with the Panasonic TH-42PWD through VGA and wanted to have it hooked up through DVI. I wanted to know if the TY-FB11DD will work with my Plasma.

Please let me know if anyone has used these 2 together.

Thanks

·
Registered
30,166 Posts
in general the input boards are NOT backwards-compatible. You will probably need to find the older DVI board (TY-FB8DD probably). Hopefully T-Wiz will show up soon to confirm.

honestly though there is no point -- your PWD set is only ED resolution so you will not be gaining anything with DVI versus VGA. The digital connection is really only needed for the newer 1080p panels.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sorry guys, was busy watching "Dog" - Bounty Hunter, needed some mindless entertainment.

Only TY-42TM6D is supported by series 8, 7, and 6. The newer boards do not retro as is typical practice. Good luck finding one.

TY-FB9FDD only works in 9PF and 10PF models.

TY-FB11DD is supported in series 11PF and 12PF models.

In total honesty, with a std def panel you will gain zero PQ by going DVI.

T Wiz

·
Registered
375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techniwizard /forum/post/18246549

Sorry guys, was busy watching "Dog" - Bounty Hunter, needed some mindless entertainment.

Only TY-42TM6D is supported by series 8, 7, and 6. The newer boards do not retro as is typical practice. Good luck finding one.

TY-FB9FDD only works in 9PF and 10PF models.

TY-FB11DD is supported in series 11PF and 12PF models.

In total honesty, with a std def panel you will gain zero PQ by going DVI.

T Wiz

Does the TY-42TM6D not work with the 9 series as well? I have one in my 50PH9uK connected to my Sony S350 DVD Blu Ray player and the picture is stunning.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelf17 /forum/post/18247111

Does the TY-42TM6D not work with the 9 series as well? I have one in my 50PH9uK connected to my Sony S350 DVD Blu Ray player and the picture is stunning.

Yes, it may be used in the 9-12 series PH and PF series but the other boards will give better performance (1080p) in PF models.

T Wiz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts