AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, new to the group here and hope I can find some assistance.

I have a PanasonicTH-42PX50U, manufactured in Nov. 2005.  My issue started with getting a blank screen when connecting recent devices (Apple TV, Roku 2, Chromecast, and the latest ATT Uverse box) via HDMI.  Obviously a HDCP handshake issue.  These devices would display menus but no programming.  Earlier devices (an older DVD player, the next most recent ATT Uverse box, which I am currently using, etc.) work fine.  I have tried all manner of possible solutions and have ruled out bad cables, bad devices, bad HDMI input port and have tried different connection sequences, reversing cable ends, using a splitter, etc.  All to no avail.   Elsewhere, I received the suggestion to do a firmware update.  There is one for this set as recent as February of this year.  I formatted a SD card, downloaded the firmware, and inserted the SD card all according to the instructions on the Panasonic web site for this specific TV.

I have used 3 different SD cards, most recently a 64MB card, thinking that the larger capacity cards I initially tried were prior to the capability of devices to read that large of a card.  I also used the Panasonic SD format app (that now appears to be the SD Card Alliance format software) which I am told is the gold standard.  I have tried to do the firmware update both in Host Diagnostic mode and in TV mode.  The TV does not respond to the insertion of the card in any of the scenarios described.  Aside from concluding that I have a bad SD card slot, does anyone have any suggestions or solutions that might work?  Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, new to the group here and hope I can find some assistance.

I have a PanasonicTH-42PX50U, manufactured in Nov. 2005.  My issue started with getting a blank screen when connecting recent devices (Apple TV, Roku 2, Chromecast, and the latest ATT Uverse box) via HDMI.  Obviously a HDCP handshake issue.  These devices would display menus but no programming.  Earlier devices (an older DVD player, the next most recent ATT Uverse box, which I am currently using, etc.) work fine.  I have tried all manner of possible solutions and have ruled out bad cables, bad devices, bad HDMI input port and have tried different connection sequences, reversing cable ends, using a splitter, etc.  All to no avail.   Elsewhere, I received the suggestion to do a firmware update.  There is one for this set as recent as February of this year.  I formatted a SD card, downloaded the firmware, and inserted the SD card all according to the instructions on the Panasonic web site for this specific TV.

I have used 3 different SD cards, most recently a 64MB card, thinking that the larger capacity cards I initially tried were prior to the capability of devices to read that large of a card.  I also used the Panasonic SD format app (that now appears to be the SD Card Alliance format software) which I am told is the gold standard.  I have tried to do the firmware update both in Host Diagnostic mode and in TV mode.  The TV does not respond to the insertion of the card in any of the scenarios described.  Aside from concluding that I have a bad SD card slot, does anyone have any suggestions or solutions that might work?  Thank you!
I also used a newer card the first time. I then found and older SD card that you didn't have to use an adapter for( it was a 32mb and was same size as today's adapters) and it worked, at least I was able to get the firmware to update on screen.

Hope this helps, after 3 years you most likely have a new TV ,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts