AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I tried the search feature. My question is what does it mean or whats the problem when the tv goes black for two or three seconds and when it comes back on the HDMI input label pops up. I have a ps3 hooked up to my tv via hdmi cable and when i'm in the middle of gameplay the screen would go black and then after being black for two to three seconds it would come back on to normal but the hdmi input label would pop up in the top left hand corner(as if I were switching inputs), this also happend to my directv H20 receiver I had hooked up to it via hdmi cable. My question is whats the problem is it the hdmi cable or the TV? I have my ps3 hooked up through the optical output for surround sound and the sound is working fine during the blackout and when I had the directv hooked up the sound would be coming out of the hdmi cable but no video, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Note this doesn't happen all the time, maybe once or twice a week

Thank you,

Thomas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've checked those and both ends are secure. Has anyone had problems like this? I called Panasonic and they said it was the source but what are the odds of it doing the same thing on two different sources. Has anyone heard of bad HDMI cables? I bought a monster hdmi cable off ebay about a year ago It could have been damaged by water and dried off then sold( when I received it in the mail it looked like the best buy hdmi monster cable but re packaged) . I guess if anyone hasn't had any of these problems I'll just try a new hdmi cable and hope thats it or hope I can figure this out before my one year warranty runs out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have the 37" Panasonic Plasma and my parents have the 50" Panasonic Plasma and both of us have this problem of the random blackout. We thought it was b/c we were both on Dish Network, but they switched to DirectTV late last year and it still happens. The problem only occurs on the HDMI output. We both have Monster cables, purchased new at Best Buy, different stores, but what are the chances that both sets of cables are bad?

I don't have a solution, but at least you know you're not alone. And yes, the audio continues to come through, but no video. I think it's a HDMI problem with the TVs.

Rebecca

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.