AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this will be an easy one for someone - I just bought a Panasonic TH-PX75U Plasma TV. Hooked it up to my cable box (Comcast) (HD and DVR), bingo - display is working fine, picture looks great. However I have a small red "bug" which is sequentially moving around my display - It is:

CHK

D:2C

DG:23

What is this? How do I get rid of it?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD /forum/post/0

I know this will be an easy one for someone - I just bought a Panasonic TH-PX75U Plasma TV. Hooked it up to my cable box (Comcast) (HD and DVR), bingo - display is working fine, picture looks great. However I have a small red "bug" which is sequentially moving around my display - It is:

CHK

D:2C

DG:23

What is this? How do I get rid of it?

I don't know what it is - but does it display this bug on all the other inputs? Have you tried connecting the Comcast DVR to another input? It's just clustered together and moving around the screen like a little screen saver?

I would try unplugging the set for a few minutes, then plug it back in and see if that clears it up. Sometimes this fixes little problems and glitches.

Otherwise, you should post the question in the Calibration Display forum - maybe some of the Service Menu experts or ISF Calibrators will know what it is and maybe be able to tell you how to turn it off in the Service Menu - if that's even possible.

Last resort - have the TV replaced or call for service

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/0

I don't know what it is - but does it display this bug on all the other inputs? Have you tried connecting the Comcast DVR to another input? It's just clustered together and moving around the screen like a little screen saver?

I would try unplugging the set for a few minutes, then plug it back in and see if that clears it up. Sometimes this fixes little problems and glitches.

Otherwise, you should post the question in the Calibration Display forum - maybe some of the Service Menu experts or ISF Calibrators will know what it is and maybe be able to tell you how to turn it off in the Service Menu - if that's even possible.

Last resort - have the TV replaced or call for service

Thanks, Randy. I fixed it with a complete reset.

Steve

·
Registered
285 Posts
Your TV is still in factory mode. Press and hold Volume down on the front of the TV and Ok on the remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.