AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great website and forum seems to be full of experience so I am hoping someone can direct me to a possible solution.

Top half of my Panasonic TH-42PX75U has gone black and is consistent with any device connected (STB, DVD, Wii) via different inputs. see picture below.

From this forum it appears the screen failure is as a result of SU or SC board issue. Is this correct? Can it be a connector issue?

As I don't have a service manual can the boards be bought still since this tv is approximately 6 years old?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Alan

·
Registered
669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwheatley1  /t/1469102/panasonic-th-42px75u-top-half-screen-failure#post_23224996

This is a great website and forum seems to be full of experience so I am hoping someone can direct me to a possible solution.

Top half of my Panasonic TH-42PX75U has gone black and is consistent with any device connected (STB, DVD, Wii) via different inputs. see picture below.

From this forum it appears the screen failure is as a result of SU or SC board issue. Is this correct? Can it be a connector issue?

As I don't have a service manual can the boards be bought still since this tv is approximately 6 years old?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Alan
its the upper y sustain bored ...theres the upper and lower change both...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Panasonic TH-42PR10U TH-42PX75U SC Y board TNPA4182.. part number ..you can buy it at panasonic or ..on ebay has it cheaper... am i think this tv has both upper and lower on one part ..you may need just the one part...

·
Registered
988 Posts
No need to change both or the SC, as the SC and SD are clearly functional.

Swap the upper buffer. There is no upper y-sustain (SC?) Only on Panasonic's insane 103"/152" PDPs do they do that...

TNPA4184 around $30 on eBay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
panasonic plasmaTH-42px75u display problem

Hi all,

There are vertical lines on my TV display.(as attached)
after reading through this threads of diaplay problem i opened up my panasonic TH-42px75u model TV.I reseates A5-D5 connector but problem is still the same.I have attached screen pic

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts