AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For cheaper price than 7UY! Plus the shipping is cheaper. Wow. I am on the verge. Quick someone stop me from clicking. I have to wait till the price drop on Sunday, aaggghhhh!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is new and improved, it comes with a suprise prize hidden deep inside and if you buy three and send in the boxtops you get free xray glasses!

Aside from that, it is reported to have higher contrast ratio, a "sub pixel controller" whatever that is, and the bezel is different and perhaps smaller with the buttons moved to a spot under the TV. I believe it has been porported to have increased brightness with longer half-life expectancy and a related increased burn-in resistance. It is the next-gen of commercial models of the highly rated Panny line so I will be one of the first to order but I must wait for 2 weeks to be available when it is delivered.

It does not say on VA's site that it isn't yet available but I wonder if they have some in stock. TVA has it listed (cheaper) but not yet available to ship.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qooop
It is new and improved, it comes with a suprise prise hidden deep inside and if you buy three and send in the boxtops you get free xray glasses!

Aside from that, it is reported to have higher contrast ratio, a "sub pixel controller" whatever that is, and the bezel is different and perhaps smaller with the buttons moved to a spot under the TV. It is the next-gen of commercial models of the highly rated Panny line so I will be one of the first to order.
Has anyone actually verified the 8th gen commercials have the sub-pixel controller? I thought that was still a lingering question...

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleroi
Let me ask what I;m sure is a dumb question: Does anybody know how the 50PHD8UK is different from the 7UY?
i've heard that the 8UK is about 10% brighter and has a little skinnier bazel than the 7UK. The burnin issue has been improved as well.. Other than that it's all.... same thang.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bought today from Projector Concepts- said it should be shipped next week and I will have it in time for the opening weekend of football!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpatient
Qooop, where is the TVA listing? I don't see it anywhere on their site...
Sorry, my mistake. It was Plasma Concepts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This looks really good. My problem is I have a nice entertainment center & am not ready to wall mount a plasma yet (doesn't look like they include a base with this unit). The silver ElectronicGiant stand doesn't go great with cherrywood :). The cost of a stand + the HDMI board for this unit will probably come close to what the 50 or 500u will be next week (just guessing). If anyone finds a simple black stand or base that would work with this unit, please post with links.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffslaw
This looks really good. My problem is I have a nice entertainment center & am not ready to wall mount a plasma yet (doesn't look like they include a base with this unit). The silver ElectronicGiant stand doesn't go great with cherrywood :). The cost of a stand + the HDMI board for this unit will probably come close to what the 50 or 500u will be next week (just guessing). If anyone finds a simple black stand or base that would work with this unit, please post with links.
What is an HDMI board? Sorry if that is a stupid question, really dont know. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.