AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story so I apologize but bear with me...

I bought the very similar model TH-58PE75U from Costco and I LOVE this panel! Great PQ and I couldn't be happier, unless of course I can get it cheaper! So today I found a place claiming to have the TH-58PX75U for sale. I was very surprised as I hear these are VERY hard to come by or they don't even exist! So I called this this morning and the girl I spoke to confirms they have only 1 left a TH-58PX75U. So I ask her to hold it for me. Then I spoke to Chris (aka MountAVision.com who is a great forum member on here and great to deal with btw) and I told him that I notice he has this same model listed on his website but it says "coming soon." He said he will not be getting this particular model and as far as he knew it isn't available unless maybe a few retailers got their hands on a few. So he asked me to reconfirm that I am getting the PX and not the PE or another similar model. So I call the retailer back and talk to the same girl and ask her to confirm the model one more time. She goes away and comes back and says, "I'm sorry, the model # is TH-58PE75U not PX."
However, she says they may be getting more in next week and they sold their last PX model.
So I thanked her and said I will wait until next week to see if a PX happens to come in.

So now I call Panasonic. Granted, you can take what the agents say with a "grain of salt" as they tend to be misinformed more than the general public but the agent tries pulling up TH-58PX75U in his system and he tells me they don't exist, that they never made this model.

So is there truly such thing as a TH-58PX75U? Also, how is it that this small retail shop is selling what I thought only Costco could sell which is the TH-58PE75U?

By the way, these panels (as far as I know) have the same "guts" inside and out except the PX model has an all black case/bezel - which I'd prefer and the PE model has a little silver on the bottom - which doesn't look bad either.

I figured someone here could shed more light on this if they know.

Nick

·
Registered
301 Posts
The 58PX75U (720p) was never released as a mainstream model due to the fact that Panny wanted to upsell the 42/50 and 58 1080p models as quickly as possible and catch up to the market. The last 58 I saw in 1366x768 resolution (720p) was the 58PX60U

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
What was the difference in price between the small retailer & Costco? because maybe the small retailer just bought them from Costco & resold them on the net? Funnier things have happened. Myself I'm hoping Cistco has a Super Bowl sale on them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1313 /forum/post/12851597

What was the difference in price between the small retailer & Costco? because maybe the small retailer just bought them from Costco & resold them on the net? Funnier things have happened. Myself I'm hoping Cistco has a Super Bowl sale on them.

The small retailer is selling the PE model for $1799 and I bought mine from Costco for $2099 but I think they were recently $2399. I don't think Costco has them online anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts