AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly last night, my 58PZ700U developed one RED stuck pixel = and sadly almost right smack dab in the center of the screen. It is driving me nuts, as it is so bright, you can see it in any dark scenes. Have any of you heard of any fixes for something like that?

I might still have it under an extended warranty through the old Circuit City's "Advantage" plan. Need to call a new phone # to find out. But even if still covered, I wonder what they would do about only one single stuck pixel?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well good news! I am still covered under the extended warranty until May 2010! And that also included replacement if it cannot be fixed. A tech will be coming next Saturday.

The lady on the phone from the warranty company had me try unplugging the Panny for a few minutes, then plug back in and turn it on - pixel was still there, bright as a shiny star
So will have to wait and see what the tech can do . . . . .

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as the automotive Murphy's law goes - the noise always stops when the mechanic is in the car, so too with my Panny Plasma. Since I made this post, the stuck red pixel has slowly but surely dimmed. Today when the tech came, it was not even to be seen - until after I played a movie that had some red in it. Then the pixel returned, but it is now quite dim and flickering. Before, it was as bright as a laser pointer on a wall.

The tech said they could bring it in to their shop for an adjustment, but it might take a week or more (without any TV to watch then), and most likely won't do much for just one stuck/dead pixel. Problem is, if it were in a corner or near the edge it would not be such a probelm. But just a touch above dead center of the screen, and that is where your eyes are focused all the time, and thus it is so noticeable. Argh! Guess I have to wait till half the screen is gone before anything can be done with this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts