AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the TH42PD50U and out of the box I see about a 3/4 inch dark band across the top of the display when watching it zoomed in. Anyone know if this is normal behavior?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Doesn't sound normal to me. When you say "dark" do you mean black? Or just a dimming of the colors? I have a PD50 and I notice that on progressive scan DVD input thru component I get a narrow, slightly dark band across the bottom of the screen when "Video NR" is set to on. What kind of source do you see this effect on (TV, DVD, or all of them?)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I see it on all modes (zoom, full, just and 4x3). Based on your comment I can assume it isn't normal to have this then?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
If it's not black (just dimmed but you still get a picture) have you checked to make sure it's not a shadow from the bezel?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is only dimmer then the rest of the picture and isn't a black line. I still get the picture.

I wondered if it might be the shadow from the bezel but didn't really have a good way to test that. I did turn off the lights and it seemed to be better so that might be it. I suppose some shadow is to be expected then.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.