AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cooking in the kitchen one night when all of a sudden the tv shut off and the red light on the front started blinking 12 times in a row, then pauses then 12 times in a row again, repeat. I unplugged it and tryed a bunch of stuff but it would not turn back. The service tech took 5 days to come pick it up and now hes had it for 2 weeks. He has told me he had to order a part from Washington and this is the delay. Has anyone else ever heard of this problem, or hear anything about panasonics service policy and/or this generations reliability. Please any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Most Plasmas will blink when a fault has occurred, this is normal. The number of blinking tells the tech what the fault could be. Some Owners Manual will also define what the blinking is in the "Trouble Shooting" section.

All models have had some units fail and people have had to notify "Customer Service" for repair. Some have been able to repair the Plasma in the home while some have to go to the shop for repair. Some have had their Plasmas returned in about a week and some have had to wait for over a month.

What you are experiencing falls in that range and I would consider that normal. Sometimes parts are not readily available, so the wait begins.

If you were denied service or repair then I would be mad as Hell.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.