AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had this since 2007 and it just started acting up on me. The display is intermittent: with an image trying to be displayed, it is completely black about 85% of the time, 10% of the time either has partial picture or no picture with horizontal red or blue lines (see pic), and 5% of the time it displays the image correctly.

This occurs on both HDMI and component video inputs (didn't have a VGA cable handy to test that one). While testing this, I happened to accidentally switch to a non-HD cable channel, and noticed that while the issue remains, it's not as severe with non-HD content, for what that's worth.

Can anyone point me toward where to start?

EDIT: This TV has either been powered on or in standby mode for 99% of it's seven years of service. I actually switched it "Off" for 1/2 hour today, and after powering back on, it's been running without problems for another 1/2 hour. Not sure how long this may last...

EDIT2: Failed again about an hour after powering it back on.

EDIT3: Forgot to mention: I have no blinking LED codes of any kind. The green LED is on solid, just as it should be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two and a half months and no replies? Did I miss an FAQ or something where this was already answered? I searched multiple times and found nothing like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts